4th July is not just another date on the calendar. It marks the day for the celebration of freedom; it symbolizes the freedom not only of a nation but of every single individual who walks freely on the lands of America. It is the day when America celebrates its independence.
No other country in the world has a history of movements for freedom at individual levels. Where the world is full of prejudices and biases, America has always fought for the liberation of humankind. It gives a man the freedom to live life on his own terms and make the most out of it. This respect for individualism is what makes people gravitate towards America from all around the world.
Independence is the primary necessity for ideas and opinions to flourish with respect and honor. Just like fertile soil, sunlight, and water is necessary for a flower to grow, freedom is what nurtures the growth of productive ideas and sheer creativity, and that is what America strives hard to provide.
This independence day, let us go through the famous quotes of renowned personalities which will help us understand the struggles as well as the importance of freedom that we now enjoy and thrive upon.
- “As Mankind becomes more liberal, they will be more apt to allow that all those who conduct themselves as worthy members of the community are equally entitled to the protection of the civil government. I hope ever to see America among the foremost nations of justice and liberality.” – George Washington
- “The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty.” – James Madison
- “Liberty is the breath of life to nations.” – George Bernard Shaw
- “So let freedom ring from the prodigious hilltops of New Hampshire. Let freedom ring from the mighty mountains of New York. Let freedom ring from the heightening Alleghenies of Pennsylvania! Let freedom ring from the snowcapped Rockies of Colorado! Let freedom ring from the curvaceous peaks of California! But not only that; let freedom ring from Stone Mountain of Georgia! Let freedom ring from Lookout Mountain of Tennessee! Let freedom ring from every hill and every molehill of Mississippi. From every mountainside, let freedom ring.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
- “Where liberty dwells, there is my country.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “We hold our heads high, despite the price we have paid, because freedom is priceless.” – Lech Walesa
- “I believe in America because we have great dreams, and because we have the opportunity to make those dreams come true.” – Wendell L. Willkie
- “We on this continent should never forget that men first crossed the Atlantic not to find soil for their plows but to secure liberty for their souls.” – Robert J. McCracken
Freedom is a priceless gift that America provided to each of its citizens. This freedom is what makes this country the greatest in the world. It is what provides an opportunity for the citizens to work towards a bright future. Many countries in the world are striving to achieve real freedom. On paper, the citizens might be having the rights, but when we examine reality, the picture that is painted is entirely different. It is time that we celebrate this occasion of freedom with zest and zeal while we appreciate the blessing our forefathers left for us in the form of America. What we have is something millions around the world strive to achieve.