The world has evolved in ways unimagined before. From letters that got delivered in months to WhatsApp that delivers messages in less than a second; from a room-sized computer to a phone that fits in your pockets; from horses to cars; evolution has impacted the world in ways unprecedented. Among many other things, this impact affected the way movies were seen and perceived. What once used to be a luxury content played on a VCR is now available in abundance on applications like Netflix.
Movies have had an interesting history of evolution. There were times when they were considered an opportunity to enjoy family time; now they are merely there to fill in the void. In this digital age, we have volumes of information directed towards our mind. We have reduced attention spans, which is why we skim through the information we come across. In such situations, it is easy to lose focus, and we might miss out on important messages that movies try to communicate. These may be life-changing messages about leadership, motivation, or emotional stability, etc.
Whether you are facing a career downfall or you are struggling to achieve the life you want, here are nine movie quotes to fill you with hope and motivation. Everybody has their struggles, and it is okay to feel down if you face setbacks. Charge up your inspiration from the following quotes from some of the most popular movies.
- Don’t ever let somebody tell you-you can’t do something, not even me. Alright? You dream, you gotta protect it. People can’t do something themselves, they wanna tell you-you can’t do it. If you want something, go get it. Period.” – Chris Gardner, from The Pursuit of Happyness
- “Great men are not born great, they grow great.” – Mario Puzo, from The Godfather
- “In this lifetime, you don’t have to prove nothing to nobody, except yourself. And after what you’ve gone through, if you haven’t done that by now, it ain’t gonna never happen.” – Fortune, from Rudy
- “I know what I have to do now. I’ve got to keep breathing because tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?” – from Cast Away
- ”Nobody is gonna hit as hard as life, but it ain’t how hard you can hit. It’s how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. It’s how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done.” – Rocky, from Rocky Balboa
- “Kid, there are heroes and there are legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart, kid, and you’ll never go wrong.” – Babe Ruth, from The Sandlot
- “I don’t want excuses. I know what you’re up against. We’re all of us up against something. So you better make up your mind, because until you have the balls to look me straight in the eye and tell me this is all you deserve, I am not letting you fail. Even if that means coming to your house every night until you finish the work. I see who you are. Do you understand me? I can see you. And you are not failing.” – Erin Gruwell, from Freedom Writer
- “It is not our abilities that show what we truly are. It is our choices.” – Dumbledore, from Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- “You know, the ancient Egyptians had a beautiful belief about death. When their souls got to the entrance to heaven, the guards asked two questions. Their answers determined whether they were able to enter or not. ‘Have you found joy in your life?’ ‘Has your life brought joy to others?’” – Carter Chambers, from The Bucket List