Life, today, has become tough. It has become unprecedentedly competitive. People are working hard to achieve success, but they feel lost. The motivation seems to be lost, and it seems hard for people to find the purpose of life. They do not know why they do what they do, and this makes them feel uncontended. In such times of despair, quotes can be a great source of motivation. Quotes have the power to make an impact on the quality of your life. Sometimes even a single quote can serve as the light to guide your way through the abyss of despair.
While you might wonder the possibility of a quote to turn around someone’s life. Well, I would like to give a personal example to make a point. I watched a movie, Undisputed 3. That time I was experiencing a low phase in my life. I watched movies as a means to kill my time because I had nothing better to do. In that movie, there is a dialogue. “Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.” Hearing this made me pause the film. I remember playing it over and over for at least a dozen times, and I realized that it was not just a passing dialogue. It was a message.
I watched the movie in 2011, and since then the message has stayed with me. Whenever I face a tough situation, this thing plays in my mind as if it were only yesterday. Your mind seems to think in directions which you never thought were possible. That is the example of how powerful quotes can be. Whether you are hopeless, or you feel down and unmotivated, or you have lost your charisma, here is a list of 10 quotes that can fuel you with motivation and make you feel pumped to make it through the tough situations you might be facing.
1. “I kept dreaming of a world, I thought I’d never see. And then one day… I got in.”
– Jeff Bridges (Tron)
2. “Oh, yes. The past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it… or learn from it.”
-Rafiki (Lion King)
3. “Don’t ever let somebody tell you… You can’t do something. Not even me.
All right? … You got a dream… You gotta protect it. People can’t do
somethin’ themselves, they wanna tell you-you can’t do it. If you want somethin’, go get it. Period.”
-Will Smith (The Pursuit of Happyness)
4. “No matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world.” – John Keating, Dead Poets Society
5. “Why do we fall, sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up.” – Alfred, Batman Begins
6. There should be no boundaries to human endeavor. We are all different. However, bad life may seem, there is always something you can do, and succeed at. While there’s life, there is hope.” –Stephen Hawking, The Theory of Everything
7. “Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” – Steve Jobs, Jobs
8. Great men are not born great, they grow great. – Vito Corleone, Godfather
9. Remember Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies. – Andy, The Shawshank Redemption
10. You have to get lost before you find yourself. – Margo, Paper Towns