Books are the portal to a world at large. It teaches, mesmerizes, and opens closed crevices of your mind. Love savoring fictional Or non-fictional? Discrimination is unfair, but whatever feeds your brain. Non-fictional builds your life, fictional shape your thoughts. A win-win!
Our brains chop down the sequence of words into several merely very interpretable themes and inhale them to enrich our minds, motivates our lives, and provokes contemplations. Good thoughts enlighten your faces like a golden aura and sunbeams.
But in life, people come and go. Books stay. It is laughable to think we have control over the nitty-gritty of our lives. However, how we perceive and respond is in our power. We can adore the people we have instead of shutting them out.
Life passes; none can resist it. But a good book experience instills our response. It compels us to cling to the beauty of life, keep living version avatar of ourselves. It unfastens our hearts to people to accept the differences instead of shutting them out. It opens us to be willing to get to know them in the time we have. Cut to the chase; the best book quotes will motivate your saddening life.
- “Ignoring isn’t the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.” – Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid’s Tale
Dissecting: The harsh reality is so palpable, it becomes a challenge to obscure it from your conscience.
- “Usually we walk around constantly believing ourselves. “I’m okay” we say. “I’m alright”. But sometimes the truth arrives on you and you can’t get it off. That’s when you realize that sometimes it isn’t even an answer–it’s a question. Even now, I wonder how much of my life is convinced.” – Markus Zusak, The Book Thief
Dissecting: Concealing the truth from your self leads you on the verge of questioning your actuality, reality, and sanity.
- “The idea of living there, of not having to go back ever again to asphalt and shopping malls and modular furniture; of living there with Charles and Camilla and Henry and Francis and maybe even Bunny; of no one marrying or going home or getting a job in a town a thousand miles away or doing any of the traitorous things friends do after college; of everything remaining exactly as it was, that instant – the idea was so truly heavenly that I’m not sure I thought, even then, it could ever really happen, but I like to believe I did.” ― Donna Tartt, The Secret History
Dissecting: Living in the present never disappoints.
- “I had the epiphany that laughter was light, and light was laughter, and that this was the secret of the universe.” –Donna Tartt, The Goldfinch
Dissecting: The calm and composure that evokes from deep in your heart resonates in your life.
- “You will become way less concerned with what other people think of you when you realize how seldom they do.” – David Foster Wallace, Infinite Jest
Dissecting: Spending your time reading subtext over every word uttered and goaded by a slight change in emotions will destroy your mental health and shatter your confidence, one thought at a time.
- “In spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart.” – Anne Frank, The Diary Of A Young Girl
Dissecting: Our purity makes us see everything in good light, contrary to how the book ends, keep your innocence alive and healthy in this heart-wrenchingly evil world.
- “When a person really desires something, all the universe conspires to help that person to realise his dream.” Paulo Coehlo, The Alchemist
Dissecting: Universe listens to your thoughts; the law of attraction is real, pay heed, and be sensible regarding what you ask for in your life.
- “Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark in the hopeless swamps of the not-quite, the not-yet, and the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish in lonely frustration for the life you deserve and have never been able to reach. The world you desire can be won. It exists.. it is real… it is possible… it’s yours.” – Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Dissecting: The hopelessness is the real culprit of human sorrow. The world entrusts you with happiness, believe it.
- “Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armour, then it can never be used to hurt you.” George R. R. Martin, The Song of Ice And Fire.
Dissecting: Your weakness is only your weakness when you let it shroud you. Adorn your strengths and weaknesses alike like a crown and flaunt it. Do not shrink from its glare, embrace it, and bask on how it shuts people’s mouths up.
- “And in that moment, I swear we were infinite.” – Stephen Chbosky, The Perks Of Being A Wallflower.
Dissecting: The moment of happiness holds power to shape how you envision your past, present, and future.